Click here to apply for a SALI Instructor position for the 2016-2017 school year.
Position Type: Independent Contractor
Accountable To: the SALI Director
Annual Salary: $20 per class for first-year instructors
The SALI Instructor is the front-line worker in LINC NT’s innovative public school outreach program. Instructors facilitate the curriculum with middle school and high school students in the classroom during the day in order to inspire them to make changes in their lives. Lessons focus on leadership and character principles, including self-esteem, self-understanding, integrity, averting bullying, leading by example, peace in relationships, and more.
SALI Instructors are in the classroom during the school day on Fridays. Each school meets every other Friday, so instructors wanting to be involved every Friday can request to be placed at two different schools. Schools range from 3 to 6 classes in a day.
- Facilitate curriculum in the classroom
- Be prepared for lesson in advance and review journals and worksheets afterward
- Attend and assist Family Nights at the school
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum age: 20
- A passion for youth
- Experience working with youth in a group environment
- Comfort leading/teaching in front of a classroom environment
- Patient, good listener, creative, and able to “think on their feet”
- Available on Fridays during the school year
- Ability to work with a co-instructor
- Warm, friendly, and strong in communication and presentation ability
- Serious spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ, active in an evangelical Christian fellowship/church
- Outstanding integrity and character
- Willingness and ability to learn