When Christians give, they do three things: one, they give glory to God; two, they transform themselves; and three, they change the world. God is greatly glorified when His people give sacrificially. In Luke 21, Jesus watches a poor widow give a very meager gift to the church, and celebrates her gift because it cost her something. Jesus teaches that our tithes and offerings are gifts to God, not merely to organizations or people. He blesses these acts of giving and does amazing work in the lives of the givers. Therefore, we are excited to be able to offer you an opportunity to glorify God and transform your own life through giving.
1 John 3:17 says, “If anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?” We feel compelled to give of our time and talents to those around us. However, we are not merely giving handouts to the poor, because in most cases the poor among us do not need a handout. We want to work with them to empower and develop their existing assets. Furthermore, they have something to teach us. For example, many of the poor understand relationships and living in community better than we do. By giving to God, therefore, we ourselves will be as transformed as the recipients of our gifts!
Why give to LINC North Texas?
We are a faith based and funded organization. This means that we rely on God to provide every dollar that we need to operate! Generous people like you allow us to continue our ministry. We believe that we have developed an innovative model of ministry that has great potential to not only transform the communities in north Texas, but create a model that can be replicated elsewhere.
LINC North Texas is a wise steward of the resources God has given us. We strive for wisdom in the operation of our ministry, and we have invested the time and energy in building a strong foundation for the organization that will sustain a rapidly growing an effective ministry. We believe that you can’t build a structure larger than the building’s foundation, and by partnering with LINC North Texas you are helping to lay that foundation.
Our leadership has identified a number of core values of fundraising. Click below to read:
Core Values of Fundraising
- LINC NT is a faith based and funded organization. LINC NT depends on God to provide every dollar it needs to operate.
- The donor has given the donation as a response to God and therefore it must be received as if it is from God Himself.
- The utmost care must be taken to be faithful stewards of God’s money. As managers of God’s estate, we must budget and spend only through prayer and careful strategic consideration. We will invest the dollars received in the most efficient and effective ways.
- LINC NT will do everything possible to honor the donor requests that are within our mission, strategy and values. If we cannot honor their requests, LINC NT will discuss the matter with the donor or return the gift.
- Donors are people and not objects or means to an end. LINC NT will treat all donors as equals, regardless of their capacity to give or past giving. We value the smallest gifts as being as valuable as the largest gifts.
- LINC NT will deal with donors with all possible honesty and not manipulate them through common development ploys to get more donations.
- Fundraising projects or income-generating activities should not divert too much time and energy from the mission of LINC NT.
- The greatest resource LINC NT has is its volunteers. The service provided by these champions is invaluable. LINC NT will seek to increase and care for its volunteer base annually.
The Bible is clear in 2 Corinthians 9:7 that God loves a cheerful giver and does not desire gifts given reluctantly or under compulsion. Therefore we encourage you to prayerfully consider your own calling from the Lord in regards to your finances! We would love to be the recipient of your gifts, but we also encourage you to give wisely to your own congregation and other ministries as the Lord calls you.